About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Frankie Navagating her Wheels

Question submitted by Katie and Selena, Age 9

Does Frankie get stuck sometimes because of her wheels in small places?

Boy-oh-boy, did I ever at the beginning when I first got my wheels! Whew! I would get stuck all the time on the sofa, the chair, the bed, and going around corners. Sometimes I couldn't get unstuck, so I'd whimper and my mom would come rescue me. About a week after I had my wheels I learned how to back up. Well, then I learned that trick would also work when I got stuck! So if I got stuck, I would simply back up (kind of like putting the car in reverse), then put my wheels back in drive and away I'd go again! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

2 comments:

Bugbug said...

From the kids in Canada...Wow Frankie! you sure know how to move with your wheels! Have you ever popped a wheelie???

Barbara Techel said...

Arf-a-roo! I sure did pop a wheelie already... well sort of. I went around he corner and one of my wheels fell off!! My mom and papa laughed very hard!

~Frankie