About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Kid Tested & Kid Approved

Nothing better than kids reviewing my books!  Wait till you hear what Madeline, age 8.5 and Sophia, age 7 had to say about my newest book, Frankie, the Walk 'N Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby's House!  It is way cool.  As part of their curriculum being taught at home (which I think rocks!) they review books for Reader Views Kids.  Isn't that great?  So check out their reviews below.  Arf-a-roo, Madeline & Sophia!

Frankie the Walk 'n Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby’s House

Barbara Gail Techel
Joyful Paws (2010)
ISBN 9780980005240
Reviewed by Sophia (age 7) and Madeline (age 8.5) McElroy for Reader Views (02/10)

Madeline: This is a true story about Frankie the walk 'n roll dog becoming a therapy dog. Frankie visits nursing homes to make the older people feel better. Every time Frankie visits, the older people love it! Frankie’s mom is very proud that Frankie is a therapy dog. Frankie goes to a special nursing home called Libby’s House. Frankie meets a 70-year-old man named Daniel. Frankie loves to play with Daniel; they have a lot of fun.

My favorite picture is when Frankie takes a bath in the sink. My favorite part of the story is when Frankie becomes a therapy dog. I think kids should read this book because it encourages children to keep on moving and to do their best. Frankie is so special because she can make many people feel better. First I thought about how sad it is that Frankie can’t walk but she is so happy and makes people happy too.

I have read the first book, “Frankie the Walk 'n Roll Dog,” and this one is great also!

Sophia: This is a book about a dog named Frankie and she is becoming a therapy dog. She helps sick and old people. She is a cute dog. My favorite and funny picture is when Frankie is wearing a bumper sticker on her wheels. A sad part was when Frankie’s friend Daniel died on Friday. Isn’t that sad? I would be sad if my grandma died. I liked this book because I like all the pretty and nice pictures. If I saw Frankie I would go pet her! My favorite part was when they visited Libby’s House. She is my favorite dog in the whole wide world. I like this book because she is a therapy dog and makes people feel good. I liked “Frankie the Walk ‘n Roll Dog” as much as this book. I wish I could see Frankie in real life. Frankie is so cute I can’ believe my eyes!

We both recommend “Frankie the Walk 'n Roll Therapy Dog Visits Libby’s House” by Barbara Gail Techel. This book is great, including the cover!



Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Brandon - The dog with a blog said...

How sweet, sounds like you have some fans!