About Me

My photo
Barbara Techel is the author of the multi-award winning Frankie, the Walk ‘N Roll Dog book series. When her dachshund, Frankie, suffered a spinal injury, Barbara had her custom-fitted for a wheelchair. Frankie persevered, and Barbara realized the beautiful opportunity she had to share Frankie and give others hope and inspiration to be the best they can be. Along with sharing Frankie’s story with children, Barbara and Frankie routinely volunteer as a therapy dog team at a local hospital, senior assisted facility, and hospice community, spreading joy wherever they go.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Virtual Visit with Bicentennial Elementary School First Graders




So here's how it works on my end:  Mom sets her laptop on a TV tray in front of her desk.  She clears her desk to make room for me and my wheel's.  Just as we call in for the virtual visit call with school, she sets me on top of the desk in my wheels!  Ok, so how many dogs can say they get to stand on top of a desk?  Arf!
It works so cool!  So kids around the world can see me and I never leave the comfort of my home... and when we are done with our presentation, teaching kids all sorts of good stuff about overcoming challenges, my mom takes me out of my wheels and let's me rest in my periwinkle bed in front of the fireplace.  It's a dog's life and I love it.

Read all about our special day with Mr. Wade and his first grade class at Bicentennial School in eastern Canada.  Who's Your Dachshund blogger, Ben was in Mr. Wade's room as this fun hour unfolded.  He titled his post, "Therapy Dog Gone Digital" and I thought that was so dog-gone catchy!



Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: